CHECK-IN: 8am-9am - only one person from each entry needs to check-in. Please carpool as there is limited parking and to reduce traffic congestion. Parade participant parking is provided on the baseball field behind the school. A shuttle bus will take you to the beginning of the parade route, if necessary. The shuttle service will continue to run until the end of the festival so parade participants can stay and enjoy the festivities.
DIVISIONS: There are seven divisions - Business/Float/Novelty, Motor Vehicle (commercial, classic, Drill Team, Equestrian Unit, Marching Band/Music, Youth, and Service/Neighborhood.
ROUTE: The parade will start on Witte Road and 240th Street and will proceed south on Witte Road to the Greater Maple Valley Community Center. Here you’ll take a left onto SE 248th Street and continue to the Lake Wilderness Park.
AWARDS: Awards can be picked up at the John L Scott booth in the vendor area of the festival after the parade.
Saturday, June 10th the Parade officially starts at 10am, beginning at Lake Wilderness Elementary School and ending at Lake Wilderness Park.
Application Deadline: June 5th, 2018
1. All entries will be accepted unless you receive notification from the Parade Committee.
2. Entries may display a wide variety of design, so long as they are in good taste.
3. Distribution of gifts, merchandise, literature or other material may be personally handed out as your unit proceeds down the parade route; however, absolutely no material may be THROWN along the parade route.
4. Squirt guns, Silly String, or other items potentially dangerous to spectators or participants are strictly forbidden.
5. Washington State law requires that a "HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNITY" agreement be signed by a representative of your group (on entry form). Parade entries without the proper signed agreement will not be allowed to participate. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Saturday June 9th at 10am
PARADE PARTICIPANTS PARKING
Parking is available at Rock Creek Elementary School. There will be a shuttle to the parade route. Please remember if you park at any of the local businesses or on the street you take a risk of getting a ticket or getting your car towed.
Friday: 3pm - 8pm carnival 10pm
Saturday: 10am - 8pm
Sunday: 10am - 5pm
LAKE WILDERNESS PARK
23601 224th Ave SE
Maple Valley, WA 98038
- Check-in is from 8am-9am. Be sure to arrive by 9am as Witte Rd will be closing to traffic for the parade.
- Winners will be displayed and awards available at the John L. Scott Booth